Obtaining good health insurance is a real necessity while you are studying overseas. (1) It protects you from minor and major medical expenses that can wipe out not only your savings but your dreams of an education abroad. There are often two types of health insurance you can consider buying, international travel insurance and student insurance in the country where you will be going. An international travel insurance policy is usually purchased in your home country before you go abroad. It generally covers a wide variety of medical services and you are often given a list of doctors in the area where you will travel who may even speak your native language.
(2) The drawback might be that you may not get your money back immediately. In other words, you may have to pay all your medical expenses and then later submit your receipt to the insurance company.
(3) On the other hand, getting student health insurance in the country where you will study might allow you to only pay a certain percentage of the medical cost at that time of service and thus you don’t have to have sufficient cash to pay the entire bill at once. Whatever you decide, obtaining some form of health insurance is something you should consider before you go overseas. You shouldn’t wait until you are sick with major medical bills to pay off.
Questions 1 to 3 are based on the passage you have just heard.
1. Why does the speaker advise overseas students to buy health insurance?
A) It’ll enable them to enjoy the best medical care.
B) It’ll allow them to receive free medical treatment.
C) It’ll protect them from possible financial crises.
D) It’ll prevent the doctors from overcharging them.
2. What is the drawback of students buying international travel insurance?
A) They can’t immediately get back the money paid for their medical cost.
B) They have to go through very complicated application procedures.
C) They can only visit doctors who speak their native languages.
D) They may not be able to receive timely medical treatment.
3. What does the speaker say about students getting health insurance in the country where they will study?
A) They don’t have to pay for the medical services.
B) They needn’t pay the entire medical bill at once.
C) They must send the receipts to the insurance company promptly.
D) They have to pay a much higher price to get an insurance policy.
【解析】A。由题干中的关键词drawback（缺点）、international travel insurance （国际旅
行险），可知问题的答案在此句“The drawback might be that you may not get your money back immediately.”中，即，买国际旅行险获赔的速度不是很快。故选A。