老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(83):SOHO一族

-回复 -浏览
楼主 2018-03-22 13:25:17
举报 只看此人 收藏本贴 楼主


老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(83):SOHO一族                
                   

  SOHO SOHO 一族

  dialogue1

  E: I haven't met you at the gym for a long time.

  好久没在健身俱乐部看见你了.

  B: yeah, I quit my job, and started working from home. Recently I've got a project to deal with and don't have much time to work out.

  是啊,我辞职了,在家里工作.最近在忙一个项目,没时间出来锻炼.

  E: why? You have a decent salary, lots of promotion opportunities and a regular life of going to the office at 9 o' clock and coming back home at 5 in the evening.

  为什么辞职?你原来的工资不错,升职机会多,朝九晚五的生活也很规律.

  B: it's not about pay raise or promotion. You know,I hate getting up early in the morning and coming back home late at night.

  我辞职不是为了加薪或者升职,要知道,我讨厌每天早早起床,却很晚才回家.

  E: then SOHO is your ideal work style.

  那SOHO是你理想工作模式.

  B: yeah, as long as I have a computer and internet access, I can start working. I recently enjoy working in my own place and at my own pace.

  没错,只要我有太电脑,能上网,就可以工作.我喜欢在自己家里按自己的节拍工作.

  E: and you don't have to work under that much pressure and control.

  而且还没那么多压力,不用受人控制.

  B: absolutely. I can decide when and what to do all by myself.

  就是,我想做什么,什么时候做,都可以自己决定.

  E: sounds great. Are there many business opportunies?

  听起来不错.生意机会多不多?

  B: yea, I can find enough online.

  恩,在网上能找到很多机会.

  E: it's good to have business around. But you should also do some exercise to keep fit.

  有生意就好.可你也得锻炼,保持身体健康啊.

  B: thank you for reminding me. I'll continue to exercise as soon as I finish this project.

  谢谢你提醒我.这个项目一做完我就会继续锻炼身体了.

  dialogue 2

  E:hey, the new SOHO. How's everything going?

  嘿,SOHO新人.最近怎么样?

  B:everything's great.I've just returned from my office.

  挺好的.我刚从办公室回来.

  E: your office?Aren't you a freelancer?

  办公室?你不是做自由职业吗?

  B: sure I am. I work for myself, but I've rented a virtual office at an office building in the downtown area.

  是啊.我给自己打工,但在市中心一个写字楼里租了虚拟办公室.

  E: a virtual office?

  虚拟办公室?

  B: yeah, an office that runs efficiently by using nothing other than online communication technologies. I pay the rent and share office services with others in the same building.

  对,靠网络通讯技术高效办公.我付租金就可以和楼里的其他办公室共享各种办公服务.

  E: what kind of services do they offer?

  都有什么服务?

  B: a separated office, internet access, phone services, fax services, mail & courier services, and almost everything you have in a conventional office.

  一间独立的办公室,网络连接,电话,传真,收发信件,和传统办公室差不多.

  E: sounds fun.what else?

  挺有意思.还有别的服务吗?

  B: I get a business address at an expensive location, and I can share the receptionist and secretary with other offices in the same floor.

  可以使用昂贵地段的地址,和同一层的办公室共享前台和秘书服务.

  E: oh, that helps a lot to promote your "corporate image".

  哦,能帮你提升"企业形象"呢.

  B: you bet it!

  没错!


                           

       

我要推荐
转发到