每日地道英语口语表达, 学起来~!

-回复 -浏览
楼主 2018-10-13 15:16:21
举报 只看此人 收藏本贴 楼主

学英语不是一定要用整块的时间来学习,像使用微信的时候,就完全可以顺带学学这些地道的英语表达。一次也别看太多太久,贪多嚼不烂。潜移默化、循序渐进,更好一些!


1. fall in love 坠入爱河;fall out of love 爱情不再。

如,He was penniless when I fell in love with him.

我爱上他的时候他一贫如洗;

The couple have fallen out of love with each other.

这对伴侣之间爱情火花已经熄灭。


2. for kicks 找刺激。

The kids stole CDs just for kicks.

孩子偷CD,完全为了找刺激。

He enjoys doing things like rock climbing and bungee jumping, just for kicks.

他喜欢攀岩和蹦极这种事,为了就是寻找刺激。


3. I wasn't born yesterday. 意思是我可不傻,别想骗我。

比如,You can't expect me to believe that. I wasn't born yesterday.

你不会真以为我会相信吧?我又不傻。

You'd better come up with a better excuse. Your boss wasn't born yesterday, you know.

你最好想个更好点的借口,你老板可不傻。


4. elbow room 可以伸展(发展)的空间。

The kitchen is way too small. There is no elbow room at all.

这厨房太小了,连转身的地方都没有。

I need to find a new job. My boss doesn't give me any elbow room for professional growth.

我得找份新工作,我老板一点专业发展的空间都不给我。


5. one's heart is in the right place 本意是好的。

His criticism might be a bit harsh, but his heart was in the right place.

他的批评可能过于严厉,但他本意是好的。

My father was really strict with me, but I knew his heart was in the right place.

我爸对我管得很严,但我知道他是本意是好的。


6. play sth. by ear 见机行事。

I didn't have time to prepare for the job interview. I will have to play it by ear.

我没时间为面试做准备,只好见机行事了。

He is a spur-of-the-moment kind of guy. He never has plans and plays everything by ear.

他干事喜欢心血来潮,从无计划,随机应变。


我要推荐
转发到